In serving our members and promoting their interests in the mining sector in Tanzania we seek to do a number of things:
- To represent our members in discussions concerning key issues in the mining sector with Government, civil society and other stakeholders, as well as to lead co-operative efforts to establish policy responses and joint initiatives.
- To disseminate information about the mining industry and related developments through our monthly newsletter, website and Chamber representatives.
- To promote networking of Chamber members through the provision of an updated member’s directory and coordination of member functions.
- To provide members with a range of professional resources and commission industry research on the mining sector in Tanzania.
- To act as a mediator of conflict amongst members through conciliatory methods, and to act as an arbitrator when called upon to do so.
- To work with all levels of Government and associated industries to ensure an effective legal and regulatory framework that will support and govern the industry.
- To encourage all members to achieve best practice in accordance with the Chambers commitments and in all aspects of their business, with special emphasis on: Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S), environmental conservation and land management, sustainable social development, commercial practices, building capacity in the workforce, and working in partnership with educators and students.
- To monitor public perceptions and educate both public and industry stakeholders on the mining sector and related issues through mining awareness seminars, workshops and mine tours for various groups.
- To promote awareness of the impact and contribution of mining operations to the wider Tanzanian economy.